Become a Destineer and live your best life.
The right job can make your life amazing. The wrong job can make you regret being alive.
This is your chance to become a Destineer and live your best life.
We need a clever, happy, motivated and hard working person to join our team of Destineers as Marketing and PR Destineer.
You must know quite a bit about marketing, writing and PR with all the right computer and writing skills. You must be able to manage deadlines, communicate clearly and be able to work independently and as a team member.
If you want to change your life, email Annareth Bolton at firstname.lastname@example.org by 18 March 2016 with a great letter of motivation as introduction and a brief CV.
Destinate is an international specialised destination and tourism marketing agency. We partner with organisations, destinations and private sector brands to navigate the complex and competitive world of destination marketing and management.
Destinate was established in August 2013 by Mariette du Toit-Helmbold after an enviable tenure of almost ten years as the CEO of Cape Town Tourism.
Destinate works with destinations and brands within and beyond South Africa to unlock their full potential, through innovative, people-centred marketing.
The Marketing & PR Destineer serves as the company’s go-to person for all media communications, marketing collateral, content and messaging needs. As Destinate’s stable of clients and campaigns grow the day-to-day responsibilities will evolve, creating a constantly stimulating and challenging environment.
• Assisting in the coordination of various integrated communication and marketing activities
• Developing and maintaining relationships with media (online and offline)
• Supervising the production or implementation of marketing materials
• Updating content on corporate and campaign websites, including adding new articles, keeping metrics current, adding blog entries.
• Proof reading and editing newsletters and delivering to all stakeholders
• Maintaining folder of collateral, newsletters, brochures, and other materials related to marketing and PR
• Executing a wide variety of details that involve public relations, stakeholder communications, trade shows and events
• Tracking impact of website traffic, press releases and newsletters, and making recommendations to enhance visibility in target markets
• Assisting in tracking and delivery of press releases
• Coordinate media pitches and the guest relations programme
• Monitoring online blogs for tracking communications related to Destinate and its clients
Desired Skills & Experience Qualifications
• Suitable qualification in marketing, communications or journalism
• At least 2 years practical working experience
• Commitment to high standards, customer service, integrity, and ethics
• Ability to establish necessary structure with appropriate flexibility to accommodate demands of a fast moving and dynamic working environment
• Proficiency with appropriate software and technology
• Editing software skills required
• Some graphic programme skills desired, for example Adobe Illustrator
• Sound understanding of marketing principles and public relations
• Good understanding of digital marketing and social media platforms
• Organized, detail-oriented, collaborative approach to working independently and as a team member
• The successful candidate will be appointed as an independent contractor on a twelve-month contract subject to further renewal based on performance
• Starting date is 1 April 2016
• Contract value is R240 000.00 for twelve months all inclusive
• Place of work is at Destinate’s Head Quarters in Stellenbosch with allowance made for some flexibility