Digital marketing & content creation for Destinate
Destinate requires project support with digital marketing and content creation. The opportunity is open to individuals who work as independent contractors or freelancers only, no agencies.
Please go through the deliverables outlined below and respond with a detailed CV with at least three contactable references, a list of current clients or projects to ensure capacity and a break-down of your rates/fees. We will only contact candidates who fit the outlined KPIs and requirements, no communication will be entered into with candidates or agencies who do not comply.
Please send your application to email@example.com by 6 December 2021.
More about Destinate
Destinate is a bespoke destination and tourism marketing agency. We develop and help implement strategy, build brands, market destinations and connect people with great brands and destinations (often over good food and wine).
The Destinate team is a collective of passionate, highly specialised individuals with more than 40 years combined experience in tourism, strategic business management, marketing, public relations, events management and brand development. Our global network of bloggers and influencers, DMO’s, tourism professionals and specialists is a powerful tool for any destination or brand trying to tell their unique story.
Mariette du Toit-Helmbold, founder of Destinate and the CEO of Cape Town Tourism for ten years, is a well-known tourism and marketing strategist. She is supported by a network of handpicked PR experts, content writers, social media managers & creative developers that are matched to specific projects.
To find out more about Destinate’s strategic and marketing portfolio take a look at our agency profile.
Social media management & engagement
• Updating monthly social media calendars by focusing on suitable themes to build content around.
• Social media management & engagement using images and content in line with brand guidelines and approved social media plan with a minimum of:
- LinkedIn: 1 x post per week
- Twitter: 2 x scheduled content daily, with engagement
- 4x Instagram posts/week with engagement and allowance made for one boosted post per week (you will be working closely with our strategic and creative team on planning the monthly grid layout and representation of various important selling points)
- Daily Insta-stories - be able to create and upload Insta-stories with input from the team at short notice
- 3x Reels per week
- 2x Facebook posts/week with engagement and allowance made for 1 targeted ad campaign and targeted audience engagement
• Tracking performance against targets set and producing a monthly social media report in this regard
• Social media promotions (you will be working closely with our paid advertising manager on this)
• Attend monthly virtual operational meeting with the rest of the Destinate team as well as representatives from the clients’ marketing teams
Content creation & curation
• Travel to destination for content creation (the first trip taking place in January 2022)
• Social media influencer content tracking & engagement
• Monthly content development for client newsletters
• Research & write blog posts based on the themes highlighted in the content plan
• Proactively propose topics and interesting story angles to keep content fresh, engaging and in line with the brand positioning
• Identify suitable topics, angles and guest bloggers
• Amplify blog content on social media with a strong call to action
• Monitor the client’s Instagram inbox for requests to collaborate from influencers
• Identify fresh and exciting influencers to work with on campaigns from client’s target markets
• Assist team with the conceptualising and managing of social media campaigns including:
- Selection of influencers
- Influencer communication support as required
- Campaign content development
- Tracking influencer content
- Social media takeovers
- In-destination hosting as required (travel costs to be paid separately)
Access to and competency in the following platforms and apps is strongly recommended:
- Unfold (premium version)
- A basic photo editing suite such as VSCO or Lightroom app
- In-Shot (you will be required to do very basic video editing once in a while for Insta-stories & reels)
• Valid passport and able to travel at fairly short-notice
• Valid driver’s licence
• Located within driving distance from Somerset West
• Strong project management skills
• Able to meet deadlines
• Proven experience in working with hospitality brands
• Stable internet connection, good quality smart phone and laptop